Thursday, May 26, 2016

My New Vintage Sewing Box


Eeeeeeeeeeee!

Call me crazy, but I just love this box.  I've been searching for a sewing basket or box to store supplies in for the new house (aka the retirement house).  I had this idea in my head of what I wanted but wasn't having much luck.  The new ones at the fabric store just weren't cutting it.  Then I found this one on eBay to bid on and I won.  Whooo hooooooo!

This one is PERFECT!


I had one of these when I was in junior high but it was avocado green.  Somewhere along the way I happily gave it up.  It was pretty ugly.  Any other color and I probably would have kept it because it was great storage.

Needless to say, this time around I was looking for any color but green.  Or harvest gold.  I want something sweet and pretty.  This one is powder blue with a nice textured finish on the exterior.  LOVE it!

Plenty of organized storage for thread, bobbins, scissors, pins & needles/

I plan to sew just as much there as I do here, maybe even more.  It is important to me to get this filled up with everything I will need to make whatever strikes my fancy.  I envision making curtains, quilts, potholders and all kinds of wonderful things.

Having it now I will have plenty of time to collect sewing supplies and notions to fill it up.  And of course I have to be able to store everything in a neat and organized way (feedind my OSD/anal retentiveness) which I will totally be able to do this with this one.


Did I mention it is PERFECT?!

Yay, yay, yay!  Another fun project to work on.  So exciting! J



6 comments:

  1. I have a green one, sort of like your blue one. Mine was a hostess gift from a Tupperware party, over 40 yrs ago. Still using it to this day. A well supplied sewing basket was one of the gifts my dau's received as a graduation present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I plan to send my girls off with ones of their own when the time comes. :)

      Delete
  2. Love those boxes, used to own one but stopped sewing. It will be so great for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have a lot of fun filling it up and using it.

      Delete
  3. That is one of your best ideas yet!!! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...